Sunday, August 30, 2009

Vote YES for Safe Sex

If you've stumbled upon this blog and you think it's another brag-fest about how many guys I can fuck without a condom, you're wrong. Diary of a Sydney Slut is a 100% SAFE SEX ZONE.

The reason? It's near impossible to explain how much aids* terrifies me. The thought of contracting it plagues me every time I hook up with guys - guys in clubs, from the gym, on the scene, but especially guys on the internet where lies about everything from age, to height, to cock size, and most likely to pos/neg status, tend to be commonplace.

Although I always play it safe, but whenever I've fucked a guy there's always a voice in my conscience that asks "Will he be the one who gives me aids?"

It's morbid, I know, and it really detracts from the overall fun of the experience. A psychologist might say I have attached feelings of guilt or shame to sexual encounters, but I beg to differ. I think that, like most Gen Y gays, these feelings are merely a product of the barrage of safe sex campaigns that are everywhere in the community.

Use a condom or meet a grim death. Use a condom when you fuck, or fuck your life up big time by contracting aids. 

It's stressful, but the worst thing is that these messages are right. Safe sex is much more fun than contracting aids.

Bothering to use condoms is less tedious than living with aids; bothering to avoid aids has got to be better than having to tell your mother "Look, Mum, I'm really sorry but there's something you should know..." God, when I think of that, I can just feel her heart breaking.

There are a lot of gay blogs out there written by "Bug Chasers" or "Bareback Tops/Bottoms" who boast about how many bareback loads they've given/taken and how little they care about their status.

Scarier still is that these guys hang out in saunas; some of them claim to actively infect other guys.

The scary part is that even with a condom, you can't guarantee that you won't catch aids or another STI.

That fun discussion can wait for another post.  In the meantime, play it safe and have fun.

Sydney Slut


* Author's note: I know that it's typical to capitalise AIDS, but I once read an article (or maybe it was a thesis) on aids and gay men. In it, the female author refused to capitalise it in order to lessen the stigma that A-I-D-S seems to convey in text. For this entire blog, should the word aids come up, I'll be doing the same. 




If you want to keep enjoying hot sex like this:




Then do this:



And remember:



No comments:

Post a Comment